Recent Show Ribbon Winners

Several shows have occurred recently that  clients or myself  entered quilts.   Several quilts took top honors!!

 
 
 
Lou Ellen Hassold's "Star Bright", quilted by me took BEST OF SHOW @ Golden Needles, 1st place medium pieced and a 1st place at Brazos Bluebonnet Quilt Guild Show and another top award for Best Piecing at BBQG.  It also received a sponsor ribbon from Sew N Vac.  Congratulations Lou Ellen.   I'm so honored to have had a part in your vision for this quilt.    I'm also blown away that I have quilted 3 different quilts that have taken guild shows top honor of Best of Show!  No, that is not dotted fabric, that is approx. 4000 crystals applied to the quilt!
 
 
The show has already taken down their posts about this... I did not save a picture from the big winner's list!    Kathryn Zimmerman's "Dogwood Winter" quilted by me took "Outstanding Machine Work" which is for piecing, quilting, and any special techniques created by machine work.  This piece has been very successful in the show arena taking 1st place and cash prizes at 3 other shows also.
 


 
My little "5th Grade Primer" took Best Machine Quilting @ Golden Needles Quilt show!!!!  What a surprise.   I never ever dreamed of that.... it's really even hard to ribbon because I either need to compete in Small wallhanging or modern categories and honestly there is not much piecing there to garner points compared to most entries.   I just show it cause it is rather unique.   It also took a 3rd place in Small Wallhanging - GNQG.
 
 
 
Lou Ellen's Paradise in Blooms took Viewer's Choice @ Brazos Bluebonnet Quilt Guild show as well as 1st place there and 2nd place at Golden Needles - Kit category.  Quilted by me.
 
 
Other awards at these shows include:
 
Golden Needles - clean sweep in Kits/BOM category and quilted by me:
 
Lou Ann Nickols Vintage Rose - quilted by me took 1st

Lou Ellen's PIB quilted by me took 2nd

My Amish with a Twist III - took a 3rd!  Pieced and quilted by me.
 
 
Ring Cycles:
 

 
 
Lou Ellen's "Ring Cycles" quilted by me took 1st place @ GNQG Pieced Large and 1st Place @ BBQG in  Scrap Quilts and a sponsor award ribbon from Lone Star Quilt Shop.
 
 
Also at Golden Needles, my vintage rose took 2nd place to Lou Ellen's Star Bright (also BOS quilt).   I've taken 2nd place on my quilts to BOS 2X's now LOL!
 

 
 
 
Very exciting to win ribbons!  At Golden Needles, if ribbons had been award to quilters, that would have been 9 ribbons earned there (I did receive 4 on 3 of my own quilts) and at Brazos Bluebonnet  that would have been 5 more there!  I had no quilts entered so no ribbons for me.   Also no ribbon awarded to quilter for any of the Dogwood Winter awards.    Of course it is nice to even be informed that a quilt you quilted was entered and accepted in a show, even better to get a picture with a ribbon!  We don't always get informed, it is up to the quilt owner to tell us or sometimes someone sees one at a show that I quilted and lets me know.
 
All these pieces were custom longarm quilted by me.   Congratulations everyone and thank you so much for allowing me to custom quilt your quilts!


 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Comments

quilter said…
You do gorgeous work thanks for sharing.