International Quilt Market 2016

 I recently had the privilege to quilt several quilts for Lindsay, The Cottage Mama for Houston's International Quilt Market this year!   I really enjoyed quilting these darling  quilts with a soft swirly whimsical flair that was requested to showcase her new "Dainty Darling" fabric line @ Riley Blake Designs.
 

 
 
 
This star quilt was most likely my last hand guided pantograph.  I was getting my new Innova with AP installed soon after this was quilted.   Hand guided "petal pushers" by Lisa Calle.   A bow design was quilted into each of the three quilts.
 


 
So much fun with all that luscious pink and being able to do "girly" designs.   I do love pink so these were extra special to quilt up.



 
Dresdens above custom quilted with a dahlia type spin on the Dresden with lots of curly, swirly fill as requested.   The tulip design below was al swirly, curly and I think turned out really "darling"!



I had to do some blacklight quilting to see my arcs I chalked into the border.   These fabrics are test runs and I was told they could not get wet... so no marking other than this chalk line above


 
 
Thank you Lindsay for the opportunity, her booth was so cute!   Makes me want to sew for the granddaughters!   Each quilt created and pieced by Jane Michel.

Comments

Nancy said…
Wonderful quilts! Your quilting looks masterful. Esp. love the Dresden quilt and its quilting. Looking at the quilting from the back of a quilt is often as fun as the front- this one is an example of that. Well done!