October Workshop Retreat

Another busy and productive workshop/retreat with WWIT style  paper piecing friends!  I had to cut my days short as this is my husband's drill weekend so someone needed to be home with the dog and the 16 year old.   I did get to "turn the page" and start a new section on my project during the 3 days I was there and have quite a bit cut and bagged ready to work on as time presents itself.  Always a good feeling to have bags prepped and ready to sew.   Denise Green is on hand to offer tips and demo techniques or even help rip out when we don't sew something in just right!  The Twelve Pines retreat center is starting to feel like home away from home too!   It's very close by, just a little over an hour to get there, for Houston area that is fast!  Everyone else has the rest of the weekend and so many gorgeous things will be on the wall, but meanwhile, many things were in progress!  Our next event is booked for April.  It will be here before we know it.  I will not be cutting my days short for any reason!





It got even worse than this!

No, the quilting fairy did not appear overnight and sew up any units.

My Paradise in Blooms center medallion is constructed.  It can't be sewn together yet because applique gets set over areas of the petals with some raw edges sewn into the seam allowances.

Amazon Star
 
Prismatic Star

Mariners Compass


  Bali Wedding Star













 
A few always try to have all their components made for a quilt, then assembles all the units into the quilt top while at the retreat and reveals the entire top!  Woohoo!

Comments