Trying to catch up!

Gosh it's hard to catch up sometimes when you take a few days off.   October finished with a birthday party for Mickey, Halloween preparations, Houston International Quilt Festival, my birthday plus the countless day to day events that occur.   I've been quilting, I just have not had a chance to post.   Also I lost some of my photos somehow.  Here's my attempt to catch up:

 
One of the classes I took at Quilt Festival.   Silk fabric, silk batting and silk thread stitched on longarm.   Then we "painted" with dye.   We can now use this fabric to make something like a notebook cover.   One of my favorite classes there this year.
 
Mickey's 14th!
Did I even post the #2 Parasol Ladies as finished?   I don't think so.
 
Some of my Desert Sky blocks.  
One of the prettier T-Shirt Quilts.  Very colorful!   A lot of people just make up their T-shirt quilts with black, navy and gray type T-shirts.

Kadie says nothing left in here...
 

 
Kadie's rare visit to my studio, she knew I was having too much fun re-arranging my thread and was so happy I left a spot for her to give her stamp of approval.

Another pretty T-shirt quilt.
 

Hubby got my wagon wheel light fixture hung - woohoo!   I had to hang my "Row Robin" quilt there for awhile.   It will go back to my bedroom when I hang one of my Christmas quilts there... maybe next week.
 

See the directional arrows in this fabric?   I took my cue from that and quilted in directional arrows in the "big blocks", framed by some "flames" and then a flame/gear type of CC in the patchwork for this quilt for a little boy.



The backside looks awesome!

I know he can't read cursive but it is a lot faster to stitch!   The border says" Beep-Beep" all around the quilt.
 
More later.... Happy Quilting!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Nancy said…
You have been busy! Silk class sounds fun and inspiring. wow. Great post.. good to catch up with your doings.