Riverbed Reflections

I'm trying to clear out old projects, use up stash and get tops quilted that have been waiting for quilting time.   I'm so ready to get these completed and ready for someone to love.  Riverbed Reflections was a project that my much younger at the time son really was interested in.  I thought he could handle the piecing on this one so I gave in and added it to my purchases for that day.   The fabrics were not available that day exactly like the ones used in the pattern (gee for all the years it sat we could have found each and every one LOL).  All fabrics used in the quilt top are from the Riverbed collection.  The backing was pulled from stash but too small so I inserted a large strip pieced randomly from the larger scraps from the top. I really love how the back finished!  My son had lost interest and I needed a smallish project to take camping at the lake over our Memorial Day holiday weekend.   It is hot during the day, too hot for me to enjoy being out on the lake but a perfect time for me to enjoy 2 other things I love; the outdoors and quilt making!  Quilted on my longarm with Dragonfly Pond panto with a variegated gold, green, blue, red thread that does not show very well in the pics.   The older son has claimed this to hang in his room - now that is a surprise!


fabrics

My set up by the lake camping.

Backside

Backside closeup




Lake Livingston

Comments

Nancy said…
Very nice! The quilting design is exactly right, and the back turned out well. Sewing outdoors... what a fun way to camp. The setting is beautiful, and you were soaking in nature while being productive. You'll get caught up for sure.