Work In Progress Updated 4/8

Sneak peak at the quilt top currently on the frame.   Still having issues with the frame.  HQ is in touch with me and assures me that the will get these issues resolved.   Very frustrated with my machine, control issues, wheels don't always touch the track....   Maybe soon this will be corrected and I can quilt exactly what I want to quilt and not what the carriage will allow me to quilt....

Anyway, problems of a different nature.  I chalked in lettering on a block that I was going to stitch, but the phrases run to the side of the quilt.   Hmmmm, it's marked I should be able to quilt it no matter which way I stand right?   Apparently not..  Standing viewing the phrase down the side, you can't make out what letter is what, as I started stitching I was not sure of the proper direction to make those loops (all my f's are wrong).   My frame is large enough, I thought I would stand inside at quilt with the machine in an akward postion.  Doable but the shank that holds the needle and the hopping foot block the view of the stitching.   So, I held my breath and tried from the front.   Looks like a drunken sailor stitched it out LOL!   Oh well, I'm hoping after washing it won't be half bad.   Lesson learned, quilt tops must be turned for me to have decent lettering.

The completed top:


Some quilting details so far:





4/8/11   Hubby arrived home late last night and LOVES what he sees so far!!!!  

Comments

Jerzydeb said…
Very Nice ! I love the quilting - so original - you did a great job.