4 Patch Posie

The top is finished.  Or maybe it is not.  I don't think I like the way the 4 cornerstone blocks are used in the corners because the sashing looks so different from the body of the quilt.  I also have to decide if I will just take the top back to the mainland to quilt at home or if I will get it quilted on the island.  This top is too large to consider quilting with my travel sewing machine.   Many thanks to my "secret sister" Maia that sent the pattern and the fabric to me several months back during our Thanksgiving exchange.


Thank you Maia!


Mick inside a banyan tree @ Kapi'olani Park this past weekend.


Overlook @ Diamond Head.  See how gray the sky is, so hazy.  Winter in Hawaii....




This is the WWI War Memorial which sits next to the aquarium @ Waikiki or Kuhio beach area.  No veterans alive today.  The pool is closed and plans are to somehow replace this monument which is not in safe condition. 
Bob's PT Cruiser.  Here on the island it is very common for headlights to become opague, due to sand I guess.  The boys are going to use a polishing compound on them.
This one is buffed out!   Now my car next.... 

Comments